Wednesday, November 24, 2010

CART214: Info visualization Progress

Print

I’m trying to play-up the idea of a confusing squeeze. I’ve left out all elective classes so far. I’ll take me a lot of time to create the data for those and I’m not sure how to even show them without it becoming a mess (more than it is). I like the shape turning into gritted teeth, but I may also want to break-up the pattern highlighting the days which are a breeze to schedule. Monday in winter term starts becoming impossible at the 300+ level, but the main issue is trying to squeeze in all those 200 level classes that are pre-req for the later classes. The graphic is more about frustration and planning under unfavourable circumstances than it is about the program in general. The areas I’d highlight are the conflicts between ENCS 393 and everything, as well the minor grudge-match between CART 411 and COMP 345.

I condensed the 300 and 400 level because of how few 400 level classes there are, especially since I didn’t left out the electives. Adding the electives will add a whole bunch more research.

I need to get some rest. Discrete Mathematics test tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment